Banana pudding is a classic dessert that many people love. It’s creamy, sweet, and full of banana flavor. But what if you could turn it into a cheesecake and make it a no bake banana pudding cheesecake? And what if you could make it without baking? Sounds too good to be true, right?
Well, it’s not. In this blog post, I will show you how to make a no bake banana pudding cheesecake with shortbread cookie crust and caramel sauce. This cheesecake is a dream come true for banana lovers. It has a buttery and crumbly shortbread cookie crust, a creamy and tangy cheesecake filling with banana pudding flavor, fresh banana slices, whipped cream, and a drizzle of homemade caramel sauce. It’s easy to make, no baking required, and perfect for any occasion.
Whether you need a dessert for a potluck, a birthday party, or just a treat for yourself, this no bake banana pudding cheesecake will satisfy your sweet tooth. It’s also a great way to use up ripe bananas that you have lying around. Plus, it’s gluten-free if you use gluten-free shortbread cookies.
If you’re ready to make this delicious dessert, keep reading. I will share with you the ingredients, the instructions, and some tips and tricks to make it even better. If you like this recipe, make sure to check out my beloved Vegan Strawberry Cookies. Let’s get started! 😊
Table of Contents
- 2 cups of shortbread cookies, finely crushed
- 1/4 cup of unsalted butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons of granulated sugar
- 2 packets of softened (8 ounce) cream cheese
- 1/4 cup of granulated sugar
- 1 (3.4 oz) package of instant banana pudding mix
- 1 cup of whole milk
- 2 cups of whipped cream, divided
- 2 ripe bananas, sliced
- 1/4 cup of caramel sauce (see below for recipe)
Instructions To Make No Bake Banana Pudding Cheesecake
- In a medium bowl, stir together the shortbread cookie crumbs, melted butter, and 2 tablespoons of sugar until well combined.
- Press the mixture evenly onto the bottom and up the sides of a 9-inch springform pan. Refrigerate until firm, about 15 minutes.
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese and 1/4 cup of sugar with an electric mixer until smooth and fluffy. Add the banana pudding mix and milk and beat until well blended. Fold in one cup of whipped cream with a spatula.
- Spoon half of the cheesecake filling over the crust and spread it evenly. Arrange the banana slices over the filling in a single layer. Spoon the remaining filling over the bananas and spread it evenly. Overnight or for about 4 hours, refrigerate until set.
Caramel Sauce Recipe for the No Bake Banana Pudding Cheesecake
- To make the caramel sauce, combine 1/4 cup of brown sugar, 2 tablespoons of butter, and 2 tablespoons of heavy cream in a small saucepan over medium heat. Bring to a boil and simmer for 5 minutes while stirring regularly until thickened. Take it off the stove and give it a minute to cool.
- To serve, run a knife around the edge of the pan and remove the springform ring. Transfer the cheesecake to a serving plate and drizzle the caramel sauce over the top. Cut into slices and enjoy!
- You can use store-bought whipped cream or make your own by whipping 1 cup of heavy cream with 2 tablespoons of powdered sugar until stiff peaks form.
- You can also use store-bought caramel sauce or dulce de leche instead of making your own.
- You can store the cheesecake in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days or in the freezer for up to a month.
Tips and Tricks
- To prevent the banana slices from browning, you can toss them with some lemon juice before adding them to the cheesecake.
- To make the caramel sauce more flavorful, you can add a pinch of salt or some vanilla extract to it.
- To make your no bake banana pudding cheesecake more stable and easier to slice, you can freeze it for an hour before serving.
- To make your no bake banana pudding cheesecake more festive, you can decorate it with some whipped cream rosettes, chopped nuts, or chocolate shavings.
- To make the cheesecake more airy and light, you can use a hand mixer or a stand mixer to whip the cream cheese and sugar until fluffy and smooth. Then, add the heavy cream and vanilla extract and whip until stiff peaks form. This will create a whipped cheesecake filling that is easier to spread and slice.
- To prevent the crust of your no bake banana pudding cheesecake from getting soggy, you can bake it in a preheated oven at 350°F for 10 minutes before adding the filling. This will make the crust more crisp and firm. Alternatively, you can freeze the crust for 15 minutes to harden it.
- To make the no bake banana pudding cheesecake more rich and creamy, you can use half-and-half or whole milk instead of skim or low-fat milk. You can also add some cream cheese or sour cream to the pudding mixture to give it more tang and body.
- To make the caramel sauce more smooth and glossy, you can add a teaspoon of corn syrup or honey to the sugar, butter, and cream mixture. This will prevent the sugar from crystallizing and give the sauce a nice shine.
I hope you enjoyed this blog post on how to make a no bake banana pudding cheesecake with shortbread cookie crust and caramel sauce. This dessert is a perfect way to end a meal or celebrate a special occasion. It’s easy to make, requires no baking, and tastes amazing.
You can customize this cheesecake to your liking by using different kinds of cookies for the crust, adding nuts or chocolate chips to the filling, or topping it with different sauces or fruits. The possibilities are endless!
If you try this recipe, please let me know how it turned out in the comments below. I’d be delighted to hear from you.
Thank you for reading and happy baking! 😊
How long does the cheesecake need to refrigerate?
The cheesecake needs to refrigerate for at least 4 hours or overnight to set completely. If you are in a hurry, you can freeze it for an hour to speed up the process, but don’t freeze it for too long or it will become too hard.
How do I store the cheesecake?
You can store the cheesecake in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days or in the freezer for up to a month. If you freeze it, let it thaw in the refrigerator for a few hours before serving.
Can I make this no bake banana pudding cheesecake gluten-free?
Yes, you can make this cheesecake gluten-free by using gluten-free shortbread cookies for the crust and gluten-free pudding mix for the filling. You can also use other gluten-free cookies or crackers that you like for the crust.
Can I use low-fat or non-dairy alternatives for the cream cheese and double cream?
I do not recommend using low-fat or non-dairy alternatives for this recipe, as they will affect the texture and flavor of the cheesecake. Low-fat cream cheese and double cream will not whip up as well and may result in a runny or grainy cheesecake. Non-dairy alternatives may also have different properties and may not set properly.
How do I prevent air bubbles in the cheesecake?
Air bubbles in the cheesecake are caused by over-whisking the filling or incorporating too much air into it. To prevent air bubbles, you should whisk the filling on a low speed until it is smooth and thick, but not fluffy. You should also tap the springform pan gently on the counter a few times after pouring the filling to release any trapped air.
How do I cut clean slices of the no bake banana pudding cheesecake?
To cut clean slices of the cheesecake, you should use a sharp knife that is dipped in hot water and wiped dry before each cut. This will help the knife glide through the cheesecake without sticking or tearing. You should also wipe the knife clean after each cut to remove any crumbs or filling.
I hope these FAQs help you make a perfect no bake banana pudding cheesecake. If you have any further queries or requests, kindly let me know.